Personal Debt in the UK
- The population of the UK grew by an estimated 1,083 people a day between 2017 and 2018.
- On average, a UK household spends £3.92 a day on water, electricity and gas.
- 318 people a day were declared insolvent or bankrupt in England and Wales in October to December 2019. This was equivalent to one person every 4 minutes and 32 seconds.
- In Northern Ireland, there were 7 insolvencies per day and in Scotland 36 insolvencies per day.
- Citizens Advice Bureaux in England and Wales dealt with 2,617 debt issues every day in the year to January 2020.
- 14 properties were repossessed every day in Q2 2019 in England and Wales, or one every 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- The number of UK mortgages with arrears of over 2.5% of the remaining balance fell by 18 a day.
- The number of people unemployed in the UK fell by 200 per day in the year to December 2019.
- 1,185 people a day reported they had become redundant in October to December 2019.
- Net lending to individuals and housing associations in the UK grew by £167 million a day in December 2019.
- Government debt increased by £149.0 million a day in the year to December 2019.
- Borrowers paid £139 million a day in interest in December 2019.
- It costs an average of £22.92 per day for a couple to raise a child from birth to the age of 18.
- For a lone parent family, the cost of raising a child comes to £28.16 per day.
- 68 mortgage possession claims and 48 mortgage possession orders were made every day in England and Wales in October to December 2019.
- 277 landlord possession claims and 223 landlord possession orders were made every day
Personal Debt in the UK
Total UK Personal Debt
People in the UK owed £1,675 billion at the end of December 2019. This is up by £48.8 billion from £1,627 billion at the end of December 2018, and extra £925 per UK adult over the year.
|Type of Personal Debt||Total Personal Debt £ billion||Per Household £||Per Adult £|
|Secured (Mortgages)||£1,451.3 billion||£52,160||£27,517|
|Unsecured Consumer Debt||£224.1 billion||£8,053||£4,248|
|Of Which, Credit Card||£72.2 billion||£2,594||£1,369|
| Grand Total|
Statistics Source: https://www.themoneycharity.org.uk
We have assisted many people with personal debt in Hereford – view our testimonials here https://www.griffinandking.co.uk/testimonials.php
You can also contact Janet by email on email@example.com, or by text or calling on 07545 806 531.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!